I titled this photo "surfing cats" and sent it to Steve last month so he could have an update on how Jurgen and Paco are getting along like two peas in a pod. Jurgen was reunited with Paco and Marley as his roommates this past January when Steve moved to Australia. We essentially got the band back together, and within a week there was harmony and plenty of hairballs amongst the felines and our house.
Jurgen made himself comfortable in any warm lap that crossed his path and life was good aside from some fleas that he picked up on a few of his outings when the door was left open. Easy going and easy to love was Jurgen, the best extended house guest you could ask for.
Friday night we lost our friend to a degenerative heart condition that blindsided us all. The shock and timing couldn't have been worse as we found ourselves at the ER that night calling Steve to tell him that Jurgen was sick and wouldn't be coming home with us. No time to prepare as sadness filled our hearts. I spent the better part of 7 years with Jurgen even having a say in his ever popular German name.
Jurgen was truly special and one of the best tempered cats I have ever come across. There is a definite void in our home that even Paco and Marley sense; continually looking for their friend.
Animals play different roles in our lives, some are used for working, some are used for protection and healing, and others are simply true companions on this journey called life.
Thank you Jurgen for your companionship and unconditional love.
awwwwww I'm soooo so so sorry Nic!!!
ReplyDeleteHey lady, I am so sorry :( Trav told me about the horrible night and that must have been stressful. It is a bit weird bc Barb's (neighbor) cat just had the same thing happen and I had to go w her to put Zoey down. Love u
ReplyDelete