Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Delicious Diaper Cakes!

Spoiled rotten and hasn't even arrived yet...  Baby Reding has been showered with so much love and Ky and I couldn't be more grateful.  During our stay in Oregon Ky's Mom threw us a family shower where my dear friend Patty surprised us with this adorable diaper cake.  It was made entirely, of onesies, bibs, towels, burp clothes, sheets, wash cloths and layettes.  I had never seen a "diaper" cake that wasn't made with actual diapers and love the creativity it took to put this together.  I was sad to take it apart to pack for our flight home, but had fun finding all the sweet baby items folded inside.  Not only did she make the diaper cake, but she also made a classic pooh quilt for the baby's room which I adore.  (I will be taking some pics of the nursery this week to post which has the quilt in it.) 
We also played some games with the family from guessing which candy bars were melted in diapers to a bottle chugging contest for the guys.  Everyone was a great sport and we loved being able to share our happiness and spend time with family and friends before Baby Reding makes his or her debut.
The beautiful spread that my mother-in-law hosted

Good thing this was chocolate :)

My lovely MIL

Harder than it looks


Patty and I - quilter/crafter extraodinaire
Too cute!!!
Thank you Cousin Shan!


A week after our trip to Oregon, Baby Reding was showered yet again by our close family friend Shannon.  She threw a fabulous Baby Shower down at the San Diego Yacht Club in Point Loma.  The sun was bright and hot, and the decorations were precious, with a bee hive cake (delicious and adorable), yummy croissant sandwiches with homemade potato salad and fruit salad and sweet candle favors with a little note that read "A little candle for you to light, once the stork has made its flight.  The flame will glow to celebrate, Baby Reding's arrival date" 
Everything was better than I could have imagined, my heart was definitely overflowing.

Included with the beautiful surroundings was another diaper cake that was made by the dynamic duo Calista and Amanda Mejia.  I had no doubt that they would do a spectacular job, but again, I couldn't have imagined a better cake.  The detail, time and dedication that was put into it brought me to tears, surprise, surprise.

work.of.art

My Websense Crew - I heart them all

Boy? Girl?

The fabulous party planners!

Now it is time for me to "nest" and organize all the wonderful gifts in our new home for Baby Reding's arrival.  Stayed tuned for pics of the nursery.

1 comment: