Jack helping with the laundry
I think at this point I can add professional juggler to my resume, as many other working mommys I know. Finding a delicate balance is a challenge in itself, not to mention getting enough sleep, getting to work on time, doing laundry (thank you Jack for fitting so nicely into the basket so I can carry both you and the laundry downstairs at the same time) multitasking, making and eating dinner, the list goes on.
In many ways it feels great to be back at work and financially contributing to our family, but in more ways I miss the one on one time with Jack that I had for 3 months. Luckily Ky helped make my transition an easy one as he was able to work from home during the first 2 weeks that I went back to work. A day in the life of Mr. Mom, I think he finally understood why I wasn't able to get as many things done during the day that I always hoped...the little man consumes your day, and I couldn't think of a better person or reason to NOT check things off of my "to-do list". Today my comfort comes from our fortunate situation with Jack's sitter Giovana. He lights up when he is with her and my heart couldn't be happier that he is being cared for and loved while I am away all day. There is no price that can be placed on the peace that a parent gets from having the right person care for your child, but I make it a priority to let Giovana know daily what a BIG and important role she plays in our family.
I officially have a month of work back under my belt and some more changes are right around the corner. Nothing like staying on your toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment