Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Cat in the Hat

Last night as I was preparing Jack's bedtime bottle I made my way upstairs and found myself stalling at the top of the steps before entering his room.  Ky typically reads him a bedtime story to help unwind from the day and the book he was reading was "The Cat in the Hat."
Ky isn't the most expressive person, therefore when he does express a feeling, ANY feeling, I get excited.  The inflection in his voice while reading the story last night caused me to stop, listen, and ultimlately make my heart melt.  I stood there at the top of the steps, quietly smiling while I heard the man I love read to the littlest man I love and I couldn't have been happier. 
I have been trying to think of a 1st birthday theme for Jack (can't believe it is 3 short months away) and loved "The Cat and the Hat" idea, this moment sealed the deal for me...whether Ky likes it or not.
The Beach house is secured and the weekend is set.  Now all we need are the grandparents to book some plane tickets and we will be good to go. 

A birthday party hosted by "Thing 1" and "Thing 2"...

“'Have no fear, little fish,'
Said the Cat in the Hat.
'These Things are
good Things.'
And he gave them a pat."

1 comment:

  1. Ahh talk about pinterest!!!! There are so many cute ideas out there so excited about this!

    ReplyDelete