Last Tuesday Ky and I had our 20 week ultrasound. I was beyond excited as I could hardly wait for our 3pm appointment. Not gaining much weight and still waiting for my belly to pop; I look forward to any and all doctor appointments to reassure that our little bun is still baking in the oven.
Our appointment was an hour long and I didn't want it to end. I could have easily stared at the monitor all afternoon and evening watching the baby move around. Gail, our ultrasound technician was quite diligent in her anatomy scan of Baby Reding, making sure to count all body parts reassuring us that we are right on track. She asked that we save all questions until the end of her scan to ensure that she doesn't miss anything which we certainly appreciated. Following her scan (and me going to the bathroom 3 times) Ky had a list of questions he had jotted down to ask. I was highly impressed at his attention to detail, just another moment that reassured how incredibly lucky our baby is to have Ky as their Dad. The baby's heartrate was 150 BPM, which we have learned through our appointments, is a good number.
During our appointment I was instructed to take out my belly button ring so Gail would be able to scan over my belly button as well. I haven't seen my belly button without my ring in 15 years. Jen and I got them together on a family vacation to Florida when we were 16, and until she was pregnant with Griffin and Jackson, she too had kept hers in all these years. The real question is if we will put them back in after the babies??
No comments:
Post a Comment