Wednesday, May 18, 2011

1+1=3

17 weeks and 6 days down!  As you know we have a bun in the oven!  And tomorrow will mark 18 weeks, or in other words, 4 1/2 months.  I was always confused when my pregnant friends would tell me in "weeks" how far along they were, or when you ask someone how old their son or daughter is and they tell you 22 months!  But now, being on the other side of the coin, I understand why everything is counted in weeks and months, and also understand that it is still frustrating to those that don't count that way.  Note taken, I am on your side.

Ky and I are beyond excited and grateful that we have made it through the woods and are now in the safe zone with the pregnancy.  I still pinch myself to simply be reminded that I am in fact pregnant.  I am patiently waiting to "pop" and or to have a pregnant belly...but I am sure in a few months I will miss these days when I can still manage to fit into my pre-maternity clothing and see my feet.  Luckily I have 2 girlfriends who recently had babies that offered to donate their maternity wardrobes to me.  I received 2 huge garbage bags from my girlfriend Mary, and Jen kindly sent me a 20 lb. box of maternity wear galore.  The problem is I like most of their maternity clothes more than my own clothes.  With their help I will be a stylish pregnant lady to say the least.

Along with clothes Mary also gave us some awesome baby stuff, including a car seat.  Someone in the family doesn't want to give up his spot as my baby.  I couldn't resist, and knew as soon as she set the seat on the floor that at some point he would make his way into that seat...not more than 15 minutes later...







On May 31st Ky and I will have our 2nd trimester ultra sound which I can hardly wait for.  Our first one was at 8 weeks and resembled more of a little blob than a baby.  Carly, one of the little girls I have watched for the past 8 years was with her Mom when I shared the news and showed her the photo.  She immediately began jumping up and down and crying.  Carly asked, "what Mom, what?"  So she showed Carly the picture and she said, "what is it, I don't see anything."  And Shannon said, "it's a baby Carly, they are having a baby."  Carly replied, "where Mom, I don't see a baby."  Ky and I couldn't stop laughing, and Carly was right, by the picture you certainly couldn't tell it was a baby.  Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of our baby in a few weeks....when you can actually tell it is a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment